Pages

Tuesday 31 March 2015

A special place in my heart

WALT write descriptive writing about our special place. My special place is the Waikumete Cemetery in West Auckland.

A Special Place For Me.


My special place is Waikumete Cemetery. It is a place where my grandma is buried. Sometimes I like to think that she is here with us still today. It is special because my grandpa made the headstone himself and he chose a place up on a hill facing the Waitakere Rangers. Another reason it is also special is because grandpa’s brother and parents are also buried in the same area where my grandma is.  


My cousin’s baby that died is buried next to my grandma and her headstone was broken in half  to share the headstone with my baby cousin. Now my cousin wants to renew the headstone but my grandpa doesn't want to because he wants the stone to stay the same because he knows, my grandma would have wanted that way too.

Waikumete Cemetery, is special to my whole family.

1 comment:

  1. A touching piece of writing Elaine, demonstrating you awareness of your reader audience and you talent as a writer to express your feelings. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.